Stephen Johnston of Agcapita speaks on the Global Economic outlook at the Mises Canada Circle: Liberty and Oil, Foundations of Modern Civilization.
The talk is entitled “Myth Vs. Reality: Exponential Government in a Linear World”
Recorded Saturday September 10th, 2011 in Calgary, Alberta.
Stephen has over 15 years experience as a fund manager from both the private equity and debt markets perspectives.
Stephen has a BSc. (Honours in Biology) (1987) and a LLB from the University of Alberta (1990) and a MBA (1994) from the London Business School.
Stephen has been featured on radio, TV and print media including CBC Business News, BNN, Fortune Magazine, Rolling Stone, the Financial Times, the Globe and Mail and the Wall Street Journal. His monthly investment briefings are now read by almost 20,000 subscribers.
- Societe Generale Asset Management â€“ Emerging Markets UK â€“ head of the private equity team responsible for closed-end funds covering the Baltics, Central and Eastern Europe and the Middle East with almost C$ 500 million under management
- Nexus Equity â€“ principal of a Â£12 million early stage technology fund based in London, UK, sub-fund of GMT Partners ($1 billion TMT fund)
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development â€“ banker on the Telecommunications and Media Team, providing debt and equity financing to companies based in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union
- AT Kearney -Â strategy consultant implementing risk management systems for Swedish investment banking clients â€“ focusing on loan default metrics
- Baring Brothers â€“ banker in the structured finance department